Mayor Luke Ravenstahl today announced that on Friday, June 14, Citiparks will open its outdoor swimming pools for the 2013 summer season.
“Our swimming pools and spray parks are just a few of the many free or affordable recreation opportunities for Pittsburgh residents this summer, where friends and neighbors can meet on hot summer days," said Mayor Luke Ravenstahl. "From swim lessons and water aerobics, to community water carnivals and more - there are plenty of ways to enjoy your neighborhood here in our most livable city."
Individuals can purchase pool tags for year-round admission to Citiparks outdoor pools and the Oliver Bath House, which operates in the off season, at the following locations:
- throughout summer, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Citiparks Office, City-County Building, Fourth Floor, 414 Grant Street, Downtown Pittsburgh
- NOW – JUNE 13, pool operating hours
Oliver Bath House, 38 S. 10th Street, South Side
- SUNDAY, JUNE 9, from 1 - 5:45 p.m. & MONDAY - THURSDAY, JUNE 10 – 13, from 4 – 8 p.m.
tags will be sold in advance of the pool opening at Citiparks pool locations
- BEGINNING JUNE 14 (and continuing throughout the summer season)
tags will be available at Citiparks pools during operating hours
Cost of pool tags for City residents are: $60 – family of four; $10 – each additional family member; $30 – adult (16 years or older); $15 – youth (3 – 15 years old); free – child (2 and younger). For non-City residents the cost is $45 for adult or youth.
Those interested in purchasing daily admission can do so at any pool beginning on June 14. Cost is $3 for children ages 3 – 15 and $4 for individuals 16 and older.
For City residents who are disabled veterans and families of active duty military and activated reservist/guard members, pool tags are available at no cost. Proper ID is required.
Citiparks pools will remain open through Labor Day (September 2). For more information, call the Citiparks Aquatics Division at 412-323-7928 or visit www.Citiparks.net.
FREE SPRAY PARKS NOW OPEN FOR SUMMER
The City of Pittsburgh’s four spray parks (Beechview, East Hills, Shadyside, Troy Hill) offer three-dimensional worlds of water for children of all ages. The free spray parks opened for the season in late May and now operate daily from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
2013 LOCATIONS OF CITIPARKS OUTDOOR POOLS
- Ammon, 2217 Bedford Avenue, Hill District
- Banksville, 1461 Crane Avenue, Banksville
- Bloomfield, 408 Ella Street, Bloomfield
- Highland, 151 Lake Drive, Highland Park
- Homewood, 540 N. Lang Avenue, Homewood
- Jack Stack, 600 Brighton Woods Road, Brighton Heights
- Magee, 745 Greenfield Avenue, Greenfield
- McBride, 1785 McBride Street, Lincoln Place
- Moore, 1801 Pioneer Avenue, Brookline
- Ormsby, 79 S. 22nd Street, South Side
- Phillips, 201 Parkfield Street, Carrick
- Ream, 321 Merrimac Street, Mt. Washington
- Riverview, 400 Riverview Avenue, Perry North
- Schenley, Overlook Drive, Schenley Park
- Sue Murray, 301 Cedar Avenue, North Side
- Sheraden, 1071 Adon Street, Sheraden
- West Penn, 450 30th Street, Polish Hill
- Westwood, 100 Guyland Street, Westwood