Historic Review Commission
The Historic Review Commission (HRC) maintains historical/significant buildings and neighborhoods in Pittsburgh. The HRC is made up of seven members appointed by the Mayor. The membership of the commission must include an architect, a preservationist, a realtor, a building inspector, and a planner.
The HRC has control over any proposed new construction, demolition, or exterior work to an historic landmark. The review process begins when an owner decides to do work to the building.
For more information on designating structures in your neighborhood as historic landmarks and for general information call Sarah Quinn at (412) 255-2243. For questions about upcoming HRC agendas call Sharon Spooner at (412)255-0739.
- Lucia M. Aguirre, Chairperson
- Ray Gastil, Director of City Planning
- Dave Green, Assistant Director, PLI, Secretary
- Matthew Falcone
- Karen Loysen
- Richard Snipe
HRC Rules & Procedures
Application Form and Requirements
Development Activities Meeting
- Please click on the links below to find about Development Activity Meetings
- Please click on the link below to find out if your project lies within the territory of a registered Community Organization.
Please call Stephanie Joy Everett at 412-255-2256 or email at Stephaniejoy.Everett@pittsburghpa.gov with any questions regarding Development Activity Meetings and RCOs