Zoning and Development Review Division
Zoning Forms and Fees

Zoning Applications and Forms:

Select the appropriate application from the list below for your application to the Division of Zoning and Development Review. Please note that the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections (PLI) has its own required forms (see appropriate permit type on PLI's website for more details.

  1. Zoning and Development Review Application
    • This form is required for most projects, excluding sign applications, that require zoning approval prior to applying for permits at the Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections.
    • Projects that can be approved over-the-counter (such as replacement windows on a Single-Family Dwelling) do not need to fill out an application form.
    • Any project that cannot be approved over-the-counter (such as projects requiring Site Plan Review or Planning Commission approval) must complete an application form.
  2. Sign-Application
    • This form is required for all sign applications.
  3. Zoning Certificate/Historic Status/Violations Report Request Form
    • This form is required anytime there is a real estate closing in the City, per the State requirement that the seller/borrower inform the buyer/lender how the property is zoned; if there is an occupancy permit on file; if the current/proposed use is a conforming use; if the property is a historic landmark or in a historic district; and if there are any building code violations on file.
    • This form is not a Certificate of Occupancy and by itself does not certify that a property is legally occupied.
  4. Consolidation/Subdivision Application
    • This form is required for any plan of lots for consolidation or subdivision to be reviewed by Planning Commission.
    • To learn more about the Consolidation/Subdivision process, see our handout on the Process Guides website.
  5. Temporary Occupancy Application
    • This form is required for any application for a partial occupancy of a project under construction.  
  6. Master Plan Application
    • ‚ÄčThis form is required for applications for new or revised Institutional Master Plans, Master Development Plans, Preliminary Land Development Plans, Specially Planned Districts, or Planned Unit Developments.
  7. Zoning Change Petition Application
    • This form is required for any application on behalf of the owner(s) to change the Zoning District for a parcel or group of parcels.
  8. Protest Appeal Application
    • This form is required for requests for the Zoning Board to hear and decide appeals where it is alleged that the Zoning Administrator or Director of Permits, Licenses and Inspections has made an error in applying the Zoning Code.
    • This form is not for Variance or Special Exception requests to be heard by the Zoning Board. A Zoning and Development Review application is the appropriate form for such projects.

Zoning Fee Schedule:

The current fee schedule for Zoning and Development Review can be found here.

City of Pittsburgh Department of City Planning
Follow Us

City of Pittsburgh | Department of City Planning
200 Ross Street, Fourth Floor | Pittsburgh, PA 15219 | 412-255-2200 | Contact

what's this?