Councilman Dowd writes amendments to proposed zoning legislation for Strip District Riverfront Landing redevelopment project
On Wednesday, December 5th, Councilman Dowd distributed proposed amendments to the Specially Planned District zoning legislation relating to the Strip District redevelopment project along the Allegheny Riverfront.
- Read Councilman Dowd's proposed amendments
- Compare Councilman Dowd's amendments with the original zoning legislation for the proposed Specially Planned District
Pittsburgh Urban Redevelopment Authority releases Allegheny Riverfront Green Boulevard plan
Read the Pittsburgh Urban Redevelopment Authority's Allegheny Riverfront Green Boulevard plan.
Strip District Preliminary Land Development Plan Considered by City Council
City Council will hold a Public Hearing and a Post Agenda on a proposal to change the zoning for a portion of the Strip District that includes the Produce Terminal building and the Buncher Company's riverfront property to a Specially Planned District to be named Riverfront Landing.
- Read the legislation outlining the Preliminary Land Development Plan (PLDP) authorizing the creation of a Specially Planned District in the Strip District
- Read the Preliminary Land Development Plan
- Monday, September 24th at 1:00pm - Post Agenda discussing the Riverfront Landing zoning change
- Tuesday, September 25th at 1:00pm - Public Hearing to provide public comment relating to the proposed Specially Planned District in the Strip District
Allegheny Riverfront Vision Plan
The City of Pittsburgh has engaged community members, businesses, and other stakeholders to create a long term master plan for further development of the communities along the Allegheny River, including the Strip District, Lawrenceville, Morningside, and Highland Park. Take a look at the master plan below:
Councilman Patrick Dowd talks with Essential Pittsburgh about issues with Buncher Company Tax Increment Financing proposal
Councilman Patrick Dowd sat down with Essential Pittsburgh on 90.5 Essential Public Radio last week to discuss the URA and Buncher Company’s plan to redevelop the Lower Strip District. In the interview, Councilman Dowd provides an overview of the development proposal, as well as his concerns about the long term effects that the current proposal will have on the Strip District.
Councilman Dowd Releases Third Letter to Mayor Ravenstahl Regarding Proposed Development
Read Councilman Dowd's third letter.
Read Councilman Dowd's second letter.
Read Councilman Dowd's first letter.
URA Releases Agreements for 43rd Street and 62nd Street
The Pittsburgh Urban Redevelopment Athority has released documents outlining agreements between the Buncher Company and the URA slated for properties in Lawrenceville.
- A Drawing of the Development
- 43rd Street Option Agreement
- 62nd Street Disposition Contract
- Master Development Agreement (Produce Terminal Site)
- Lease of Land Agreement (Produce Terminal)
Follow the Story in the News!
Councilman Dowd and the District 7 team have compiled and archived news stories about Buncher's proposed Strip District development plan, on the "In the News" section of the District 7 website.