Bulky or large waste items may be set out curbside with your regularly scheduled refuse pick-up.
- Limit two items per week
- Place at curb no earlier than 7:00 p.m. on the night before collection and no later than 6:00 a.m. on the day of collection
Accepted Bulky Items
Bulk waste includes common large and over-sized items, such as:
- Sofas, recliner chairs, tables
- Box springs, mattresses, dressers
- Stoves, washers, dryers
- Toilets, hot water tanks
- Windows, cabinets
- Fencing in bundles not exceeding 35 pounds or 5 feet in length
Not Accepted Bulky Items
The City of Pittsburgh DOES NOT collect the following items:
- Televisions, computers, peripherals
- Freon appliances
- Household chemicals/hazardous wastes
- Demolition and construction wastes
- Batteries, light bulbs
- Car and automobile parts, tires
Excessive Bulk Waste
Any excess material and other excessively large items above the two-item limit will NOT be collected unless special pickup arrangements have been made.
- A minimum cost of $100 for each half-hour applies to special bulk pickups.
- Personal checks or money orders only. Make checks payable to City of Pittsburgh Treasurer.
Call our office at 412-255-2773 to arrange for a special pickup.