Do I need a permit to use park facilities?
It would be best to acquire a permit to ensure your use of the facility (field, court shelter) and to inform the maintenance personnel. Per PGH Code 475.02 Groups of 25 people or more who want to picnic are allowed only in locations for that purpose. To rent facilities see City of Pittsburgh's online registration website.
Normal operating hours are from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.; however, some facilities do close at sunset.
Are dogs allowed in the parks?
Yes, but the dog must be on a leash at all times, unless utilizing one of the Off-Leash Exercise Areas (OLEA’S). Dogs are not allowed in playgrounds, fields or courts at any time. ( Ordinance 473.01c1)
About Off-Leash Areas
Citiparks offers several special areas where your dog can legally run without a leash. Off-Leash Exercise Areas (OLEAs) are important for dog socializing and unhindered play. Please enjoy these parks with your furry friends!
For more information on off-leash areas, please call 412-255-2539.
Year-round Off Leash Areas:
- Allegheny Commons Park (West Commons), Central Northside
- Bernard Dog Run, Lawrenceville
- Frick Park, Squirrel Hill
- Olympia Park, Mount Washington
- Riverfront Park, South Side
- Riverview Park, Perry North
Before attending one of our dog parks please review the OLEA Guidelines and Rules
- No glass objects (bottles, jars, etc.) are permitted at any time.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed; a special permit must be secured.
- No hunting is permitted.
- Trees can not be cut down and removed, including fallen trees.
- It is important to the natural environment for the trees to remain.