All residents of the City of Pittsburgh must separate recyclable items from household trash and package them for bi-weekly recycling curbside collection, per City Code §619.03(a).
Curbside single-stream recycling is easy if you follow the rules: Empty and rinse all containers and remove and discard all lids and caps. Only include clean paper. Flatten & bundle/tie cardboard boxes.
Shredded paper is no longer accepted at the curb and will need to be bagged and taken to one of the following drop-off locations to be recycled: East End, Hazelwood, West End, Strip District, and Construction Junction.
- High grade white office paper, newspaper, magazines, hardcover/softcover books, catalogs, junk mail, phone books, paperboard, and corrugated cardboard.
- What is not accepted? Coffee cups, milk cartons, shredded paper, greasy pizza boxes, paper plates or other food service ware items.
- Aluminum and Steel:
- Cans, bottles, aerosol or food cans.
- What is not accepted? Metal lids, metal cookware, bottle caps, and dirty aluminum pans and foil.
- Bottles, tubs and jugs (3-gallons or less).
- What is not accepted? Plastic food containers such as clamshells, Keurig Cups, coffee cups lids, plastic lids, and garden hoses.
- Amber, green, and clear bottles and jugs (3-gallons or less).
- What is not accepted? Windows, Pyrex, plate, drink or dinnerware.
- Leaf Waste:
- Leaves, garden residues, shrubbery, and tree trimmings.
Large Block Foam
20 S 6th St Pittsburgh, PA 15203 US
73 McCandless Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15203 US