All residents of the City of Pittsburgh must separate recyclable items from household trash and package them for bi-weekly recycling curbside collection, per City Code §619.05(a).
What can be recycled at the curb? Curbside recycling is easy if you follow the rules: Just empty and rinse all containers. Only include clean paper. No sorting necessary. Flatten & bundle/tie cardboard boxes.
- White copy paper
- Hardcover / softcover books
- Catalogs junk mail / phone books
**Shredded paper is no longer accepted at the curb and will need to be bagged and taken to one of the following drop-off locations to be recycled: East End, Hazelwood, West End, Strip District, and Construction Junction.
- Beverage bottles
- Plastic jugs
- Food bottles, tubs and jars (3 gallons or less)
- Must be empty and discard all lids and caps.
**Large Block Foam can be taken to Appliance Warehouse; no food service items (i.e. foam clam shells, cups, or plates) they all need to be placed in the your regular trash.
20 S 6th St Pittsburgh, PA 15203 US
73 McCandless Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15203 US
- Beer / juice / soda cans
- Food cans
- Aerosol cans (must be completely empty)
Glass (bottles and jars)
- Beer / juice / soda bottles
- Food jars
- Wine / spirit bottles
- No plate glass (windows) or dinnerware (Pyrex, etc.)
- Must be flattened and either bundled or placed inside of another cardboard box for placement curbside
- Do not include any heavily-soiled/food waste cardboard (from pizza boxes, etc.)