The role of Operations is to provide for the safe, efficient, and contextually sensitive movement of vehicles, pedestrians, and bicycles along the City’s streets. Its functions and duties include:
- Traffic Studies including stop sign and signal warrants.
- Respond to Mayor’s 311 requests.
- Overseeing Permits including traffic management for construction and special events, road closures, and land obstructions.
- Traffic Control responsibilities:
- Intersection investigations
- Signal design and maintenance.
- Intelligent transportation systems.
- Street Management including:
- Parking investigations and designs
- Signs and pavement marking work orders
- Multimodal Systems Investigations and Designs including:
- Pedestrian/ADA requirements
- Bicycle accommodations
- Transit facilities
- Traffic calming
- Development Reviews of traffic impacts and mitigation recommendations.