Do I need a Fire Permit?
Are you wondering whether you need a permit issued through the Fire Department? Be sure to check the information below, as well as our Permit Applications section to see if the fire permit application you need is available online. If so, print out the application and mail a completed copy to:
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
200 Ross StreetFifth Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Permit Requirements (with Additional Notes)
- Please send your fire prevention requests/questions and fire permits to Fire_Prevention_Permits@pittsburghpa.gov.
Permits and Applications
- Dispensing Nozzles And/Or Repair Work
- Fireworks Display
- General Permit Application
- Install, Repair, Or Alter Tanks
- Aboveground Storage Tank Installation Protocol
- Temporary Storage Tank Permit Procedures
- Underground Storage Tank Installation Protocol
- Roof Torch
- Hot Or Torch Roofing System Procedures
- Removing Paint By Use Of A Torch
- Tank Removal Or Permanent Closure
- Tank Removal Procedure
- Tent Permit
- Theatrical Pyrotechnics
If your permit or application is not available above, call 412-255-2860 to request it.