PITTSBURGH, PA (April 13, 2015) Mayor William Peduto is pleased to announce that William Demchak, chairman, president and chief executive officer of the PNC Financial Services Group, has agreed to serve as chairman of the newly formed Envision Downtown Advisory Committee.
Mayor Peduto and Mr. Demchak have asked 24 civic and community leaders to help develop and guide to implementation projects which will improve mobility, accessibility, and livability in Downtown Pittsburgh.
Mayor Peduto announced the creation of Envision Downtown at the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership’s annual meeting last month. The program is intended to develop and implement a number of short-term, strategic projects to advance efforts to make Downtown Pittsburgh a 21st century destination for living, working and visiting.
“Downtown Pittsburgh has been evolving for 200 years. To meet the changing needs of our robust corporate workforce, local and global visitors, and growing residential population, we must continue to adapt and utilize smart and sustainable tactics. We also are fortunate to have a cadre of smart, passionate Pittsburghers willing to dedicate their talents and creativity to this initiative.” Mayor Peduto said. “I am grateful to Bill Demchak and the committee members for dedicating their time and for agreeing to share their visions for a world-class Downtown.”
The list of committee members represents the diversity of Pittsburgh as a whole and the broad groups of stakeholders who live, work, and visit Downtown Pittsburgh. The Advisory Committee will operate closely with a coalition of more than 120 stakeholder organizations to be established later this spring. Together, these groups will work to improve pedestrian safety, reduce congestion at key intersections, study structured parking needs, and develop amenities for transit riders.
Committee members include:
· Erika Arbogast (Vice-Chair), Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services
· Bill Benter, Acusis
· Allen Biehler (Vice-Chair), Carnegie Mellon University: Traffic 21 Institute
· Scott Bricker, Bike Pittsburgh
· Candi Castleberry Singleton, UPMC
· Rory Cooper, University of Pittsburgh: Human Engineering Research Laboratories
· William Demchak (Chair), The PNC Financial Services Group
· Carolyn Duronio (Vice-Chair), Reed Smith
· Rich Fitzgerald, Allegheny County
· Patrick Gallagher, University of Pittsburgh
· Daniel Lavelle, Pittsburgh City Council
· Clare Meehan, AlphaGraphics
· Erin Molchany, Governor Wolf’s Southwest Regional Office
· Molly Nichols, Pittsburghers for Public Transit
· Paul O’Hanlon, Allegheny County/City of Pittsburgh Task Force on Disabilities
· Paul Hennigan, Point Park University
· Kevin McMahon, Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
· Grant Oliphant, The Heinz Endowments
· William Peduto, City of Pittsburgh
· Mavis Rainey (Vice-Chair), Oakland Transportation Management Association
· Fred Redmond, United Steelworkers
· Dave Roger, Hillman Family Foundations
· Walter Smith, Allegheny County Department of Human Services
· Jeremy Waldrup, Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership
· Ken Zapinski, Allegheny Conference on Community Development
About Envision Downtown
Envision Downtown is a privately funded, independent public/private partnership created by City of Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto and the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership to craft a 21st Century vision for the sustainable and efficient development of a Downtown for all. Learn more at www.EnvisionDowntown.com
Sean C. Luther - Executive Director, Envision Downtown, at email@example.com or 412.906.9403.
Timothy McNulty – Communications Manager, City of Pittsburgh, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-660-1999.
Monday, April 13, 2015
More Economic Development articles
Urban Redevelopment Authority Board Set to Vote on Lead Service Line Replacement, Land Bank and Affordable Housing Initiatives Today
Apr 13, 2017
Media Advisory: Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh To Vote on Housing Affordability Measures
Feb 07, 2017