Welcome to the City of Pittsburgh Employment Opportunities/Information Section. The City of Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we strongly encourage women and minorities to apply for City opportunities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, religion, or gender; we actively participate in diversity recruitment to identify diverse talent in all areas of employment. These pages will keep you informed of the positions that the City of Pittsburgh is currently recruiting for, as well as positions for which we are accepting Job Interest Cards for future recruitment purposes. To better serve you, we have implemented an Online Employment Center that allows you to:
- View current job openings
- Register on our system
- Submit Job Interest Cards
- Apply online
We regularly update our employment listings and our City Jobline (call 412-255-2388) every Friday morning, except for holidays.
The Online Employment Center is very convenient and easy to use. We encourage you to use this employment tool.
- Carefully review the recruitment information to see if you are qualified and eligible to apply for a desired position.
- Check to see if there is a specified application deadline for the position and proceed accordingly. Please don't wait until the last minute to request, complete or submit your application. Unfortunately, we can not accept applications after the recruitment deadline.
- Review the application first, then carefully and thoroughly complete it. Please note that an incomplete application may not be processed.
- Note that a resume may supplement but is not a substitute or replacement for the required employment application.
- If the position requires City of Pittsburgh residency at the time of filing an application, then you will need to affirm your City residency when you submit the application and verify your City of Pittsburgh residency prior to your start date (if hired).
Department of Personnel & Civil Service Commission City-County Building - Fourth Floor 414 Grant Street, 4th Floor Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 am-4:45 pm Phone Number: 412-255-2710 Fax Number: 412-255-4736 City Jobline Number: 412-255-2388
For specific information pertaining to the recruitment, requirements, testing, and selection of Firefighter, Police Officer or Paramedic positions click on the link(s) below.
Police Officer Recruitment
The Department of Personnel & Civil Service Commission provides employment resources for Applicants and for Employees.