Amusement Licenses

The Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections Issues and Inspects Licenses for individuals or businesses that generate revenue from amusement.

This category includes:

  • Arcades and game shops
  • Pool halls
  • Bars and restaurants that have video poker, video games, pinball games, pool tables, or other video machines in place
  • Any establishment that is charging a fee for entry (including bars and clubs, reception halls, or other gathering places)
  • Parades or carnivals.
    • This license is now administered through the Office of Special Events. The Office of Special Events is the official event and film production permitting office for the City of Pittsburgh. Please visit their website The Office of Special Events to review application requirements.