When You Need an Arcade License
Anyone who operates a place of amusement in which six or more coin-operated mechanical or electronic amusement devices are operated must obtain a license from the License Officer.
How to Get an Amusement Places and Producers License
1) Download and complete the License Application.
2) Print the application, fill it out completely, and mail it, or bring it in person, with all other Additional Information and Current Fee.
- Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
3) Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.
Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
200 Ross Street Room 320
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Once the new application is processed, an inspection will be scheduled, after which, the license can be issued to the applicant. License renewal inspections occur as part of the departmental maintenance schedule.
All Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections fees change annually. Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
Additional Information Required
When applying for an Arcade License, you must submit the following information, or your application cannot be processed.
- The Occupancy Certificate on file must indicate that the building is certified for use as an arcade
- The name of the licensee (your name), proof of identification, and any other name under which your business is to be conducted.
- The address of the business you are licensing.
- Hours of operation.
- City of Pittsburgh Tax ID number
- Number of machines
Notice for Arcade License Renewals in 2016
In an effort to improve our billing and processing, we are now requiring the same information to be provided on all applications, including renewals. Applications and documents must be reviewed individually to ensure compliance with city ordinances. Incomplete applications will not be processed.