Mechanical Device License

When You Need a Mechanical Amusement Devices License

Anyone who sets up or establishes a mechanical or electronic device for amusement and profit must obtain a license from the License Officer.

How to Obtain a Mechanical Amusement Devices License

  • Download and complete the License Application
  • Valid commercial occupancy for the business where the machines are located. Please email a completed Certificate of Occupancy request form to to verify whether or not a property has a Certificate of Occupancy on file. You will recieve a response within 5 business days. 
  • A check/money order to pay the permit fee, due when permit is issued. We accept credit card payments at the counter. There will be a 2% + $0.25 convienence fee in addition to the permit fee.

Once the new application is processed, an inspection will be scheduled, after which, the license can be issued to the applicant. License renewal inspections occur as part of the departmental maintenance schedule.

2018 Fee Schedule

2018 Fee Schedule

Note once a permit or license has been issued, refunds are not provided.