Sign Maintenance Certifications
City Code 1004.02, Section 103.5.1; Maintenance and inspection fees: The owner or user of any sign shall pay an annual fee for maintenance and inspection.
Upon issuance of a sign occupancy, and yearly unless the sign is completely removed, the owner or user of any sign in Pittsburgh is required to complete a Sign Maintenance Certificate application and provide payment for maintenance and inspection. Multiple signs at the same location may be listed on the same certificate.
How to Apply:
- Completed Sign Maintenance Certificate Application
- Please provide parcel numbers for free-standing signs
- Each sign must have a valid Certificate of Occupancy. You can search for your current Certificate of Occupancy here.
- Check or money order for the certificate fee. Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh
- In-person credit card payments are also accepted. A 2% plus $.25 transaction fee is charged on all card payments.
- An additional fee of $93 will be applied to late renewal application.