Antique or Secondhand Dealer License
Second Hand Dealer License
Anyone who engages in the business of being an antique or second hand dealer must obtain a license from the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections.
How to Get a Second Hand License
1) Download and complete the License Application.
2) Print the application, fill it out completely, and mail it, or bring it in person, with all other Additional Information and Current Fee.
- Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
3) Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.
Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
200 Ross Street Room 320
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
All Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections fees change annually. Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
- The name of the licensee (your name), proof of identification, and any other name under which your business is to be conducted.
- The address of the business you are licensing. The space must have a valid Certificate of Occupancy for use as a retail establishment or similar use.
- Anticipated hours of operation.
- City Tax ID & Letter from the Department of Finance showing that business is current in taxes
- Check or money order made payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh for License Fee.
- The license holder must supply the results of an ePATCH criminal record check with initial application and yearly renewal.
- If jewelry is to be sold, the license holder must also obtain a Precious Metal License through Allegheny County.