Bed and Breakfast License
Anyone who owns or operates a bed and breakfast establishment within the City of Pittsburgh must obtain a license from the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections.
How to Get a Bed and Breakfast License
1) Download and complete the License Application.
2) Print the application, fill it out completely, and mail it, or bring it in person, with all other Additional Information and Current Fee.
- Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
3) Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.
Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
200 Ross Street Room 320
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- The name of the licensee (your name), proof of identification, and any other name under which your business is to be conducted.
- The address of the business you are licensing.
- Anticipated hours of operation.
- Copy of Commercial Occupancy (license will not be issued without this document)
- Proof of registration with the City of Pittsburgh’s Finance Department, and letter showing that business is current in taxes. Finance can be reached at 412-255-2543 Opt 1 or 414 Grant St (City County Building) Room 207 Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
- Check or money order made payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh for License Fee.