Junk Dealer License
Anyone who carries on the business of buying or selling and dealing in junk, rope, scrap, iron, copper, brass, or other materials commonly referred to as junk must obtain a license from the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections.
How to Obtain a Junk Dealer License
1) Download and complete the License Application.
2) Print the application, fill it out completely, and mail it, or bring it in person, with all other Additional Information and Current Fee.
- Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
3) Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.
Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
200 Ross Street Room 320
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- The name of the licensee (your name), proof of identification, and any other name under which your business is to be conducted.
- The address of the business you are licensing.
- Anticipated hours of operation.
- Copy of Commercial Occupancy (license will not be issued without this document)
- City Tax ID Number.
- The license holder must supply the results of an ePATCH criminal record check with initial application and yearly renewal.
- Check or money order made payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh for License Fee.