Parking Lot License
Parking Lot License
Anyone who conducts any commercial parking place must obtain a license from the License Officer for each parking place from the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections.
How to Obtain a Parking Lot License
1) Download and complete the License Application.
2) Print the application, fill it out completely, and mail it, or bring it in person, with all other Additional Information and Current Fee.
- Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
3) Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.
Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
200 Ross Street Room 320
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
All Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections fees change annually. Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
- A Certificate of Occupancy to legally use the property as a parking lot. New certificates can be obtained through the Department of Zoning and Development.
- The name of the licensee (your name), proof of identification, and any other name under which your business is to be conducted.
- The address of the business you are licensing.
- A certificate of insurance showing that you have public liability insurance for the current calendar year which covers the parking place with limits of not less than $100,000 for personal injuries and not less than $25,000 for property damage. The City of Pittsburgh must be certificate holder on this document. See example.
- For open lots (rather than buildings), a sketch or plot showing every possible detail of the lot.
- For closed (building) lots, a sketch or plot showing every possible detail of the building, and a written description of the number of uniformed security you will be using.
- Proof of full payment of the parking tax imposed by Chapter 249 of the Fiscal Title.
- Check or money order for License Fee made payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.
- City Tax ID & Letter from the Department of Finance showing that business is current in taxes