Pawnbroker Lot License
Anyone who engages in the business of being pawnbroker must obtain a license from the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections.
How to Obtain a Pawnbroker License
1) Download and complete the License Application.
2) Print the application, fill it out completely, and mail it, or bring it in person, with all other Additional Information and Current Fee.
- Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
3) Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.
Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
200 Ross Street Room 320
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
All Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections fees change annually. Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
- The name of the licensee (your name), proof of identification, and any other name under which your business is to be conducted.
- The address of the business you are licensing.
- Anticipated hours of operation.
- Proof of registration with the City of Pittsburgh’s Finance Department, and letter showing that business is current in taxes. Finance can be reached at 412-255-2543 Opt 1 or 414 Grant St (City County Building) Room 207 Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
- Valid Certificate of Occupancy
- The license holder must supply the results of an ePATCH criminal record check with initial application and yearly renewal.
- If jewelry is to be sold, the license holder must also obtain a Precious Metal License through Allegheny County.
- Check or money order made payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh for License Fee.