Commercial Electrical Permit
When Do I need a Commercial Electrical Permit?
Commercial electrical permits are required for electrical work performed for all structures other than single or two-family dwellings. See this link for work not requiring a permit.
How to Get a Commercial Electrical Permit
- A completed Commercial Electrical Application.
- Two hard copies of stamped construction drawings.
- Please refer to Standard Permit Application Requirements Bulletin.
*NOTE: We will no longer be accepting Third Party Agency approved drawings. Plan reviews for all permit types will occur in house. Temporary measures requiring Third Party Agency inspections on Electrical permits are to remain at this time.
Inspections for Commercial Electrical Permits must be performed by an Approved Third Party Agency.
- TPA Procedures for Electrical Inspections.
- See also this link for additional Third Party Agency Information including list of currently registered agencies.
Commercial Electrical permits will be charged a flat fee of $40.00 per permit plus additional administrative fees that may apply. Please refer also to our current fee schedule.