Standard Permit Application Requirement
A permit will not be issued to a licensed contractor if the insurance on file expires within 30 days.
Things to Know:
- Drawings must be specific for the permit.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Fire Alarm, and Sprinkler System drawings will not be accepted with a building permit submission.
- Separate applications must be made for each permit type, and the required drawings must accompany each application.
- See this Bulletin for additional information regarding standard application requirements.
- Read our Construction Permit Tips
If project scope has been modified after a permit has been issued, an amended permit may be required. Please refer to the Amended Permit Bulletin for an outline of that process.
Commercial permits are required for all work performed on structures other than single or two-family dwellings. This includes multifamily buildings with three or more units and mixed-use buildings with residential units and commercial spaces. Please click on the appropriate link from the list of permits on our navigation bar to the left of this screen.