Sign Contractor License
Anyone who erects, alters, repairs, and/or maintains ground signs, wall signs, projecting signs, roof signs, post signs, or similar signs must obtain a Sign Contractor License from the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections.
Please note that all business licenses expire a year from the date of issuance. Also, license holders with expired licenses will be required to pay a penalty fee in addition to a renewal fee.
How to Get a Sign Contractor's License
1) Download and complete the License Application.
2) Print the application, fill it out completely, and mail it, or bring it in person, with all other Additional Information and Current Fee.
- Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
3) Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh:
Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
200 Ross Street Room 320
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
All Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections fees change annually. Consult the Current Fee Schedule below:
2018 Fee Schedule
The permit and license fees for the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections undergo periodic adjustments.
Please consult the current year Fee Schedule.
Note once a permit or license has been issued, refunds are not provided.
- Proof of identification.
- A Certificate of Insurance for Contractor's Public Liability Insurance covering personal injury with limits not less than $250,000.
- Proof of registration for all City Taxes, i.e. City Tax ID certificate from City Finance Department.
- Check or money order made payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh for License Fee.