Commercial Cooking Hood Suppression
A Commercial Cooking Hood Suppression permit is required to install a new Cooking Hood Suppression or to modify an existing Cooking Hood Suppression system.
All work under a Commercial Cooking Hood Suppression permit must be performed by a General Contractor registered with the City of Pittsburgh.
How to Apply
- Submit the completed Cooking Hood Suppression Permit Application with check/money order and drawings to the Engineering Counter at 200 Ross St, 3rd floor or mail them to:
City of Pittsburgh
Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
200 Ross Street Room 320
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections staff reviews and processes the application. Please be aware that Commercial Cooking Hood Suppression permits are logged into our queue and processed in the order in which they are received. Once issued, the permit will be mailed to the registered General Contractor.
Items Required for Permit
- Cooking Hood Suppression Permit Application Commercial Cooking Hood Application completed by the applicant.
- Two sets of shop drawings.
- If work is related to a building permit, a copy of the approved building permit.
- A separate Commercial Cooking Hood permit, Fire Alarm and/or Electrical permit maybe required depending on scope of work.
- A check/money order to pay the permit fee, due when permit is issued. We accept credit card payments at the counter. There will be a 2% + $0.25 convienence fee in addition to the permit fee.
The permit will list the assigned Combined Construction Inspector and provide their phone number. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to arrange for all required inspections by contacting the Inspector. Please note you will need to submit a Statement of Compliance and Wet Chemical Certificate in order to schedule the inspection.
Required inspections include:
- A rough-in inspection before any work is concealed.
- A final inspection when all work is complete.
All Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections fees change annually. Please consult the Current Fee Schedule below: