Do you have a list of licensed contractors in the City?

We do not currently maintain a list of contractors within the City. If you have a particular contractor in mind, please call our office and we can tell you if they have a current and valid license.

How do I apply for an electrical license?

The City of Pittsburgh requires an Electrical Certification from the International Code Council in order to obtain an Electrician’s License. You must register through Pearson Vue to schedule an exam at http://www.pearsonvue.com/icc/license/. You must create an account to see exam dates. More info about the exam can be found at http://www.iccsafe.org/education-certification/certification-and-testing/ and http://pittsburghpa.gov/pli/contractor-license/electrical-license.html.

I no longer own a property but I received a sign invoice. What do I do?

Please return them to our office with a letter stating that you no longer own the property.

I want to start a food truck. How do I apply for a license?

Click here: http://apps.pittsburghpa.gov/bbi/Mobile_Vehicle_Vendor_Application_2016.pdf for new ordinance requirements and application.