Use the navigation menu on the right of this screen to identify the type of license you need. The Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections issues licenses for the following activites:
- Contractor Licenses
- Electrical Contractors, General Contractors, HVAC Contrcators, Sign Contractors, Stationary Power Engineers and Welders
- Business Licenses
- Bed & Breakfast, Antique or Secondhand Dealers, Junk Dealers, Pawn Brokers, Towing and Sign Maintence Certificates
- Amusement Licenses
- Amusement Places & Producers, Arcades and Mechanical Devices
- Vendor Licenses
- Mobile Vehicle Vendors, Mobile Peddler, Stationary Vendors, One-Day Solicitation (Tag Day), Ticket Reselling, Trade Fair, Transient Merchent
- All licenses expire 365 days from the date of issuance. Business license holders who allow their license to expire will be charged a late fee after the date of expiration, except for event-based and mobile licenses, including transient merchants, Tag Day, Amusement Producers, Non-consensual towing, peddlers, mobile vehilce vendors, and ticket resellers.
- All applications must be fully completed to be processed. An incomplete application will be returned to the applicant.
- PLI will accept up to five applications with one check. If PLI receives one check for more than five applications, all of the docuemnts will be sent back to the applicant. Applicants must reissue the appropriate checks according to this rule.
All Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections fees change annually. Please consult the Current Fee Schedule below.
2018 Fee Schedule
The permit and license fees for the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections undergo periodic adjustments.
Please consult the current year Fee Schedule.
Note once a permit or license has been issued, refunds are not provided.