Mobile Peddler License
Vending and peddling activities within the City of Pittsburgh are regulated by the Code of Ordinances Title 7 - Chapter 719 Vendors and Peddlers.
Peddling locations and times are limited by Ordinance, and Peddlers must move at least 250 feet every fifteen minutes. Peddlers must carry all of their products for sale on their person.
A Peddler's License is required to:
- Sell or offer for sale goods, wares, merchandise, meats, fish, vegetables, fruits, farm products, or provisions by foot.
How to Get a Peddler's License
1) Download and complete the License Application.
2) Print the application, fill it out completely, and mail it, or bring it in person, with all other Additional Information and Current Fee.
- Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
3) Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.
Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
200 Ross Street Room 320
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
All Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections fees change annually. Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
- Proof of identification and age. Must be at least 18 years old.
- City of Pittsburgh Tax Compliance: A letter or notice from the Department of Finance providing a tax ID to any legal entity in the City of Pittsburgh doing business. The Tax Compliance letter states that the applicant legal entity is current and in compliance with all applicable tax obligations to the City of Pittsburgh. The tax compliance letter must have been generated within the past twelve months to be accepted by PLI.
- If the license holder is vending as an employee of a company, a letter from the company on company letterhead is required.
- If vending anything for human consumption, a copy of an Allegheny County Health Department License will be required.
- Please consult the maps of prohibited vending locations in the City of Pittsburgh. Peddling is prohibited within the Central Business District, shown on map number 1. Peddling within the shaded boundaries on maps 2-7 is also prohibited.