Mobile Peddler License
The City of Pittsburgh requires an annual Peddler License to sell any type of food, goods, or merchandise by foot. Peddling locations and times are limited by Ordinance, and Peddlers must move at least 250 feet every fifteen minutes. Peddlers must carry all of their products for sale on their person. For a complete list of definitions and requirements, please see Chapter 719: Vendors and Peddlers of the City code and the PLI Licensing Rules and Regulations.
Restrictions. Peddlers may not:
1. Operate in residential districts between 8pm and 8am, unless allowed through a permitted event
2. Operate in commercial districts between 12am - 7am
3. Vend in a public place or obstruct the flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic in the Central Business District (unless allowed by a permitted event)
4. Operate within 100 feet of an event permitted by the Office of Special Events, unless granted written permission
5. Vend in prohibited areas without written permission. Please consult the maps of prohibited vending locations in the City of Pittsburgh. Vending within the shaded boundaries is not permitted.
1) PREPARE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- See checklist below for quick list of requirements
- For more detailed info, Check out the Rules and Regulations
2) COMPLETE APPLICATION
3) SUBMIT DOCUMENTS AND PAYMENT
- Print out application and mail it along with required information, or bring it in person with all other required information, and Current Fee.
- Check the cost of your license application fee here: Current Fee Schedule
- Pay by credit card at the counter or online!
- Make all checks or money orders payable to TREASURER – CITY OF PITTSBURGH. Please see main License page for credit card and echeck fees
Wondering how much your license costs?
All Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections fees change annually. Consult the Current Fee Schedule for new applications, renewals, and late fees.
A late fee will be charged the day after your license expires. If your license is not renewed within 30 days of expiration, it is considered lapsed and closed. All business licenses expire a year from the date of issuance.