Limited UCC Third Party Agency Services
PLI currently utilizes approved Third Party Agencies (TPA's) for the following:
- TPA inspections will be required to complete any existing permits that were issued requiring TPA inspections.
- Temporary inspection of Residential Electrical Permits.
- Temporary inspection of Commercial Electrical Permits.
PLI Plan Review of Commercial Electrical Permits to begin 1/1/2018:
Beginning January 1, 2018, The City of Pittsburgh, Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections will resume Plan Review of drawings and applications for all Electrical Permits. Third Party Agency plan review is not required, and the standard permit fees will be assessed (less a 15% discount for Third Party Agency Inspection.)*
TPA Plan Review of Commercial Electrical Permits accepted until 1/31/2018:
- Any drawings submitted with Third Party Agency Approval will be accepted for permits at the discounted rated until 1/31/2018, at which time City of Pittsburgh Plan Review only will be accepted.*
It is the responsibility of the permit holder to engage a registered TPA and provide documentation of compliance to PLI.
Third Party Agency Registration
All TPA's seeking to perform limited UCC services are required to apply and be registered per current procedures.
- TPA registration procedures - updated June 27, 2016.
- TPA Registration Application - updated June 27, 2016.
- List of Registered TPA's - updated April 24, 2017.
Third Party Agency Procedures
All permit applicants, permit holders and TPA's are to follow current procedures:
Third Party Agency Forms
All TPA's performing limited UCC services are to submit current forms related to services provided: