Board of License and Inspection Review
The purpose of the Board of License and Inspection Review is to ensure independent oversight to the license and inspections determinations reached by the License Officer and Code Officials of the City of Pittsburgh Department of Permits, Licenses and Inspections (PLI).
The Board of License and Inspection Review adjudicate appeals related to Title VII Business Licensing and Title X Building, Chapter 1004, International Property Maintenance Code of the Pittsburgh City Code in duties as follows:
- To hear and decide appeals of orders, decisions or determinations made by the building official relative to the application and interpretation of this code.
- To hear and decide on requests for variances of this code.
- To rule on requests for extensions of time for compliance.
- To act in an advisory capacity, to the Code Official and City Council, regarding proposed amendments to this code.
How to File an Appeal
- Complete an appeal application.
- A check or money order to "Treasurer City of Pittsburgh" in the amount of $300.00 for appeal fee.
You may bring both documents to our office or mail them to 200 Ross Street, Suite 320 Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
The agenda deadline for each hearing is 7 days before that month’s hearing date.
After the application is processed, a hearing date will be assigned.
Applicants are responsible for providing copies for all materials, other than the completed application form, for Board members.