Standard Permit Application Requirements
Please read our Standard Application Requirements bulletin.
Things to Know:
- Drawings must be specific for each permit type. Example: Electrical drawings submitted with an electrical permit application.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Fire Alarm, and Sprinkler System drawings will not be accepted with a building permit submission.
- Separate applications must be made for each permit type, and the required drawings must accompany each application.
- A permit will not be issued to a licensed contractor if the insurance on file expires within 30 days.
- If project scope has been modified after a permit has been issued, an amended permit may be required. Please refer to the Amended Permit Bulletin for an outline of that process.
Please refer to our Bulletin Page for a list of code interpretations in response to common code questions.
PLI provides after hours, holiday, and weekend inspections, or "off-hour inspections", to accomodate customers. All construction projects within PLI's jurisdiction are eligible to request inspections outside of normal business hours and are subject to the process outlined in our Off-Hours Inspections Policy. Please read the policy and complete an off-hours inspection application.