Sign Maintenance Certificate
City Code 1004.02, Section 103.5.1; Maintenance and inspection fees: The owner or user of any sign shall pay an annual fee for maintenance and inspection.
Upon issuance of a sign occupancy, and yearly unless the sign is completely removed, the owner or user of any sign in Pittsburgh is required to complete a Sign Maintenance Certificate application and provide payment for maintenance and inspection. Multiple signs at the same location may be listed on the same certificate. To obtain a Sign Maintanence Certificate you must have:
- For a complete and detailed list of all requirements, please consult the Rules and Regulations.
- A valid Certificate of Occupancy. You can search for current Certificates of Occupancy here.
- A picture of the sign.
How to Apply to Erect a Sign
- Completed Sign Permit
- Completed Sign Maintenance Certificate Application
- Please provide parcel numbers for free-standing signs
- Check or money order for the certificate fee. Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.
- In-person credit card payments are also accepted. A 2% plus $.25 transaction fee is charged on all card payments.
- Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh:
Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
200 Ross Street Room 320
Pittsburgh, PA 15219