The Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections issues the following Trade Licenses:
- Electrical Trade
- HVAC Trade
- Stationary Power Engineer
Trade Licenses applicants please note:
- All licenses expire 365 days from the date of issuance. Business license holders who allow their license to expire will be charged a late fee after the date of expiration
- All applications must be fully completed to be processed. An incomplete application will be returned to the applicant.
- PLI will accept up to five applications with one check. If PLI receives one check for more than five applications, all of the documents will be sent back to the applicant. Applicants must reissue the appropriate checks according to this rule.
- If a trade license is not renewed within sixty (60) days past the expiration date, applicants must meet all of the new, applicable application requirements, which may include but are not necessarily limited to re-testing.
For all trade licenses and contractor licenses, grace periods will begin at the expiration of a license and continue for sixty (60) days. If the licenses is not renewed within thirty (30) days after the expiration date, per the fee schedule, a late fee is incurred on the thirty-first (31st) day following the expiration date. If the license is not renewed within sixty (60) days after the expiration date, then on the sixty-first (61st) day following the expiration date, the license automatically lapses. All licensees that allow their license to lapse must apply for a new license and meet all new license requirements at the time of that new application. Permits related to the licensed activity will be suspended until a valid and current trade license is connected to the permitted work.
All Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections fees change annually. Please consult the Current Fee Schedule below.
2018 Fee Schedule
The permit and license fees for the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections undergo periodic adjustments.
Please consult the current year Fee Schedule.
Note once a permit or license has been issued, refunds are not provided.