One-Day Solicitation (Tag Day) License
Solicitation (Tag Day) License
Anyone who solicits charitable funds from the general public in the City by means of personal representatives or collectors must register with the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
How to Obtain a Solicitation License
Please submit all application materials to PLI at least two weeks prior to the chosen date. Tag Day applications are subject to both PLI and Pittsburgh Police approval, and so require more time for review.
Prior to application, availability of date must be determined. Request for date must be submitted on letterhead of organization handling the solicitation.
1) Download and complete the License Application.
2) Print the application, fill it out completely, and mail it, or bring it in person, with all other Additional Information and Current Fee.
- Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
3) Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.
Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
200 Ross Street Room 320
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
All Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections fees change annually. Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
- The name of the licensee (your name), proof of identification, and any other name under which your business is to be conducted.
- The name of the organization or institution along with its aims and purposes.
- Local and national addresses and phone numbers for the organization or institution.
- Names and residence addresses of each officer, along with complete list of names and residence addresses of any board of managers or directors.
- Names of all persons authorized to solicit and residence addresses and terms of their employment.
- Application must be notarized.
- Check or money order made payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh for License Fee.