Transient Merchant License
Anyone who engages in any business within the City on a transient basis must obtain a license from the Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections.
How to Get a Transient Merchant License
1) Download and complete the License Application.
2) Print the application, fill it out completely, and mail it, or bring it in person, with all other Additional Information and Current Fee.
- Consult the Current Fee Schedule.
3) Make all checks payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.
Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections
200 Ross Street Room 320
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Proof of identification and age. Must be at least 18 years old.
- The name of the licensee (your name) and any other name under which your business is to be conducted.
- The address of the business you are licensing.
- A brief description of the nature of the business and goods to be bought or sold.
- If employed, the name and address of the employer, along with the credentials establishing the exact relationship.
- The length of time the right to do business is requested.
- A description of any vehicle used and its license number.
- Check or money order made payable to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh for License Fee.