Love Your [Resilient] Block is a City of Pittsburgh program, made possible through a partnership with Cities of Service and Peoples Gas, to revitalize our City block by block!
Here's how it works:
- Nonprofit organizations from across Pittsburgh are invited to propose projects to build resilience in their blocks with up to $1,500 in funds and the support of key City Departments.
- Competitive projects will be selected, after which City agencies will engage with awarded group members and listen to their block improvement requests.
- They will then proceed to carry out the requested services, as feasible.
- With grant money, the selected groups purchase equipment and supplies, engage their neighbors, and roll up their sleeves to carry out their own brand of block beautification and repair.
- Make sure you rally volunteers and put forth your best effort as there is an award of $3,000 given to the most impressive block transformation, to be used by the winning community group for future site improvements.
The City of Pittsburgh is grateful to Cities of Service and Peoples Gas for their investment in Love Your Block and its commitment to vibrant and sustainable communities.