Becoming a Promise Coach
Become a Promise Coach Today!
Becoming a Promise Coach is simple, and only requires one 90-minute training! Promise Coaches are ordinary people who do extraordinary things. You can be a family member, a neighbor, a teacher, or a friend of the student. All you need is the passion to help young people realize their potential and the commitment to follow through.
By hosting a Promise Coaches training you can ensure that the members of your organization are equipped with the tools they need to coach the young people in your neighborhood on to academic success.
By joining the Promise Coaches Campaign you and your organization can make a positive difference in the lives of Pittsburgh youth and ensure they are on the road to educational and career success.
What Will I Learn During the Promise Coaches Training?
During Promise Coaches trainings, volunteers will learn how to engage in constructive conversations with young people and how to access resources such as graduation requirements and FAFSA information.
As a Promise Coach you can be the positive role model in a young person's life as they achieve their educational goals.
All Promise Coaches Pledge to:
- Support Pittsburgh's youth through high school graduation while exposing them to college and career options.
- Promote a college-going culture in Pittsburgh.
- Help youth recognize and develop key skills and strengths necessary for academic success.
- Stress to young people what educational success can mean for their future and their community’s development.
- Access a wide range of resources available on the Promise Coaches website in order to become better equipped to support Pittsburgh youths' educational success.
- Recruit more adults to becoming Promise Coaches.
How Do I Sign Up for a Promise Coaches Training?
To sign up for a Promise Coaches training, or to learn how to host a Promise Coaches training at your organization:
- Visit The Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern Pennsylvania's website.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 412-281-2535.
Promise Coaches trainings are facilitated by our training partner, The Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern Pennsylvania.