Healthy Active Living General Info
Health Active Living (HAL) is committed to ensuring that all persons 60 and older live active and healthy lives.
Citiparks Community Services operates 12 Healthy Active Living Centers (Senior Community Centers) open year round, Mondays through Fridays.Each center focuses on improving the lives of older Pittsburghers—physically, intellectually, socially, culturally and financially.
Building the Body
Healthy Active Living recognizes that health and wellness are key to the quality of life of our seniors. With this in mind HAL offers a variety of exciting physical activities and sports programs.
Please join us for horseshoe pitching, shuffleboard, bocce, darts, Wii bowling and more at our community centers.
To enhance healthy, active living, we offer spring games for ages 50+.
Exercise Resources from RetireGuide:
Stretching the Mind
To foster the intellectual interests of seniors, Healthy Active Living offers a variety of classes in partnership with the Community College of Allegheny County.
Class topics include...
- the Arts
- Tai Chi
- Healthy Cooking
- And more!
Expanding the Knowledge of Others
Healthy Active Living recognizes the diverse nature of our community. To foster a better sense of community HAL has developed cultural experiences recognizing the vast contributions of the African American, Asian and Latino communities.
Meeting Financial Needs
To address the financial needs of seniors, the Information and Referral program can assist with...
- Rent Rebates
- PACE (pharmaceutical assistance)
- OPT (transportation arrangements)
- LIHEAP (energy assistance)
- And more!
Additional Resources for Seniors
- Understanding the eligibility requirements to apply for Medicaid Long Term Care in Pennsylvania. Click HERE!
Step by step guides for multiple options provided by Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance for people recently unemployed, including critical information like costs, and financial assistance.
You can view the guides here:
- Homecare.org: An industry-leading research organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults by ensuring that they have access to the tools and resources to remain independent and safe in their own homes. No matter the situation, we are here to offer seniors and their loved ones a helping hand in the journey of aging in place.
- Senior Housing Net: Providing comprehensive information for Seniors and their families in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and across the country, including financial support and care options.
- Looking for info on Medical Alert Systems? Click HERE.
- Financial Assistance for Seniors Buying Hearing Aids Click HERE.
Medicare Resources for Immigrant comunity members: