20TH Anniversary in Pittsburgh
- Participants must be an employee, an immediate family member or household member of an employee of the City of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Parking Authority, PWSA, Housing Authority or the URA or a retiree.
- All entries submitted must be the original work of the applicant completed within the last three years. Not accepted: copies, kits, paint-by-number pieces, photocopies or photographs of artwork, magazine or book illustrations, random snapshots.
- The National Arts Program® and the City of Pittsburgh reserve the right to disqualify entries that they consider to be unacceptable or inappropriate for a public exhibit.
- No entries from previous exhibits of The National Arts Program® in Pittsburgh will be accepted.
- Painting (oil, acrylic, watercolor)
- Works on Paper (watercolor, pencil, ink, charcoal, pastel, marker, crayon, digital)
- Photography (black and white, color, digital)
- Craft (ceramic, glasswork, jewelry, woodcarving, fiber)
- Mixed Media (a work of visual art that combines more than one medium)
Artwork will be judged in the classification of the artist’s selection; however, the exhibition judges will make the final determination in some cases.
Amateur – a person with little or no experience
Intermediate – a person with some experience or beginning art students
Professional – a person with serious art training or employed in an art related job
Youth / Teen Youth
12 years old and under
Teen 13-18 years old
PRIZES & AWARDS
Prizes will be awarded by classification:
Adult (Amateur, Intermediate, Professional)
3 – First Place Awards of $350
3 – Second Place Awards of $250
3 – Third Place Awards of $150
Best of Show – $400
Youth/Teen (Youth 12 and under; Teen 13-18)
2 – First Place Awards of $150
2 – Second Place Awards of $100
2 – Third Place Awards of $50
Art Education – $200
- Honorable Mention Ribbons will be awarded at the discretion of the judges.
- Awards are limited to one cash award per artist per classification.
- Each artist receives a Certificate of Participation in The National Arts Program®.
- Each artist receives a scholarship to the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts.
- Submit only entries which fit into the listed medium categories.
- All artwork will receive a NAP identification label; provided at drop off and placed on the back of work.
·All 2-dimensional entries must be matted, framed and/or ready to hang with wire securely on the back.
- All work must measure no more than 48” in any direction or weigh more than 50 pounds unless otherwise stipulated.
- Artwork that does not meet size limitations or specifications will be disqualified before judging.
RULES OF EXHIBIT
Registration Deadline: Registration Form and artwork submission deadline is Wednesday, March 27, 2019. Registration Forms may filled out on-line or printed from the website. Hard copy forms may be obtained by contacting, Citiparks, Office of Special Programs at 412-665-3665.
**NOTE (not part of web page)—In the above info—Registration Forms is underlined—we would like that to serve as a quick link option for opening the on-line registration form.**
Delivering Entries: All entries must be delivered to the receiving area of Citiparks, Room 459 (4th floor of the City-County Building) on either March 25, 26 or 27, 2019 between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
Reception & Awards Ceremony: A reception and presentation of awards will be held in the lobby of the City-County Building on Tuesday, April 2, 2019 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
Public Exhibit: The exhibit will be open to the public on weekdays, March 29 – April 12, 2019 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM in the City- County Building lobby. The exhibit is free to the public.
Retrieving Entries: Each artist is responsible for retrieving his/her artwork on either April 15, 16 or 17, 2019 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM in Room 459. The City of Pittsburgh nor The National Arts Program® is not responsible for unclaimed works. Any unclaimed artwork will be donated to charity after April 17, 2019.
Liability: Every attempt will be made to preserve, secure and protect each entry submitted; but neither The National Arts Program® nor the City of Pittsburgh can be held responsible for damages, loss of art entries, or changes/cancellation of this exhibit due to low participation or unforeseen circumstances. The placing of art in the exhibition constitutes an agreement on the part of the entrant with conditions herein set forth. The National Arts Program Foundation and the City of Pittsburgh reserve the right to publish for publicity purposes reproductions of the entries. The National Arts Program® in Pittsburgh, PA is a public exhibit and photographing/filming of the exhibit is encouraged.