About the Controller
- Incorporates all financial data into the Controller's financial information system.
- Performs bank reconciliations, transfers of funds, and code account creation.
- Prepares monthly reports of revenues, quarterly reports of expenditures, and a Annual Report.
- Audits City government related expenditures and provides payment to City vendors.
- Audits all City contracts for specs before countersignature by Controller and digitizes all contracts,
- Audits and payment documentation for support checks. Also accepts bids to be awarded for contracts.
- Conducts audits of City departments and authorities (URA, Parking, Stadium, etc.) to ensure that program goals and objectives are being met;
- Test for compliance with applicable laws;
- Making constructive recommendations for improvement.
- Performs fiscal reviews of City departments and authorities, typically analyzing revenues and expenditures. Audits the City's imprest and trust fund accounts.
- Inspects and audits all engineering, architectural, construction, and demolition contracts during and after completion of projects.