Finance and Law
Council Chairperson - Rev. Ricky V. Burgess
The Committee on Finance and Law has charge of and jurisdiction over all ordinances, resolutions, bills, papers and other matters relating to:
- Bonds and Debt Issuance
- City Banking/Investment
- Creation of Offices or Positions of any kind
- Department of Finance
- Enterprise Resource System
- Equal Opportunity Review Commission (EORC)
- Law Department
- Multi-year Capital Improvement Program
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Operating & Capital Budgets
- Pension Fiscal
- Real Estate
and such other business as may be referred to it by the Council; provided, however, that where money has been specifically appropriated by the Council for any of the purposes of the departments of the City government, that said committee shall then have complete charge and jurisdiction.
All communications or matters to be brought forward to Council from any of the City authorities shall be directed to the respective Council Member serving on the authority's governing body.