DEPARTMENT OF CITY PLANNING

Fee Schedule

Revised January 1, 2023. To learn more about the changes, see the Fee Restructuring FAQ. To calculate your fees prior to filing your zoning application, see the 2023 ZDR Fee Calculator. Zoning Review fees totalling over $15,000.00 are split into two payments. 40% will be assessed at the time of application and the remaining 60% is due prior to permit issuance.

Starting on January 1, 2024, the Department of Mobility and Infrastructure (DOMI) will begin assessing fees for certain reviews performed on a Zoning and Development Review application. These new fees are independent of the Zoning Division’s fee schedule but have been outlined below due to their creation on the zoning application. Please direct questions about DOMI fees to DOMI staff at 412-255-2370 or domipermits@pittsburghpa.gov.

APPLICATION TYPE FEE TYPE FEE

Technology Fees
Assessed based on range of Base Permit Fee

$0 - $200.00
$200.01 - $1,000.00
$1,001.00 - $10,000.00
$10,000.01+
$2.00
$5.00
$15.00
$25.00
General Property Certification
Zoning Research (hr)
Pre-Application Meeting
$100.00
$100.00
$250.00
Zoning Review Fees Residential Zoning Review
Commercial Zoning Review
Residential Amendment Zoning Review
Commercial Amendment Zoning Review
$1.00/$1000 of project cost (min. $50.00, max $40,000.00)
$3.00/$1000 of project cost (min. $100.00, max $40,000.00)
$1.00/$1000 change of project value (min. $50.00, max $40,000.00)
$3.00/$1000 change of project value (min. $100.00, max $40,000.00)
Hearing/Notice Fees Administrator Exception
Zoning Board of Adjustment
Zoning Board of Adjustment Protest Appeal
Planning Commission Hearing
Staff Posted Notice
Staff Prep for City Council Review
Minor Amendment to PDP/FLDP
$100.00
$400.00
$400.00
$1,350.00
$450.00
$750.00
$400.00
Consolidation/Subdivision Plan of Lots
Major Plan of Lots
$175.00
$200.00
Master Plan

 

New Master Plan (IMP, PLDP)
New SP District
Master Plan Update
Master Plan Amendment
Zone Change Petition
Zone Text Change
$10,000.00
$18,750.00
$5,000.00
$500.00
$1,500.00
$3,800.00
Historic Nomination Fees Individual Nomination
District Nomination (up to 20 parcels)
Large District Nomination (over 20 parcels)
$100.00
$250 .00
$250.00 plus $10.00/ parcel over 20 
DOMI Review Fees DOMI Site Plan Review
Traffic Memo Review
Transportation Study Review
$300.00
$1,000 .00
$2,500.00