Interim Planning Overlay Districts
Interim Planning Overlay District (IPOD)
Governed by Chapter 907.02 of the Zoning Code, the intent of the Interim Planning Overlay District (IPOD) is to provide a mechanism for interim zoning controls:
- In geographically defined areas of the City where current use, height, area or procedural controls are found to be deficient.
- When other code provisions do not address such deficiencies.
- When ongoing planning studies may inform the preparation of permanent controls which would be appropriate for the area.
Unless otherwise specified in the text of each individual IPOD district, all use, height, and area provisions of the underlying zoning districts shall apply. Unless noted with the special districts below, all provisions of Article I, Article V, Article VI, Article VII, Article VIII, and Article IX of this Zoning Ordinance shall apply. In instances where there is found to be a conflict between the provisions of the IPOD and the underlying zoning district or any of the above Zoning Ordinance Articles the more stringent of the regulations shall apply.
An IPOD shall be in effect for no more than 18 months from its effective date, except that one six-month extension may be granted by Council if requested by the City Planning Commission before the end of the 18-month period.
IPODs No Longer in Effect:
- IPOD-1: Oakland - Converted to Oakland Public Realm District (OPR)
- IPOD-2: Walnut Street - Expired
- IPOD-3: Baum-Centre - Converted to Baum-Centre Corridor Overlay District (BCCOD)
- IPOD-4: Interim Planning Overlay District for Uptown - Expired
- IPOD-5: Interim Planning Overlay District for the Riverfronts - Expired