Oakland Plan Social Media:
The City’s neighborhood planning process includes many opportunities for active involvement:
- Steering Committee: A group of 20-30 representatives of a broad range of interests in the community. This group guides the planning process, with members also expected to join Action Teams.
- Action Teams: Topic-focused groups that spend a year developing projects and programs. These groups are open to all interested community members and stakeholders.
- Community Events: Through the planning process there will be multiple general and topic-based public events such as block parties, workshops, and open houses that will allow more casual involvement.
- Online Opportunities: For those unable to make in-person events, the same materials will be posted online with ways to provide input.
Planning Education Series - View the Flyer
- What: To help communities fully engage in the upcoming planning process, the City of Pittsburgh along with partner organizations and non-profits are organizing a series of dinner events to introduce the topics of the neighborhood planning process in a fun and informal environment. This will allow interested stakeholders to learn about these topics before the planning work begins, so they can be better informed and more affective advocates for their communities.
- When and Where:
Title Topics Logistics Presenters/Partners Move
Mobility, Transit, Parking Date and time: Thursday, July 25, 6-8 p.m.
Location: Residence Inn (3341 Forbes Ave)
Department of Mobility and Infrastructure, Port Authority of Allegheny County, Pittsburgh Parking Authority, BikePGH Restore
Parks, Environment, Rainwater Date and time: Tuesday, August 6, 6-8 p.m.
Location: Schenley Visitors Center (101 Panther Hollow Rd)
Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority, Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy, Department of City Planning – Environmental Planning Energize
Energy Efficiency, Generation, Reducing Energy Costs Date and time: Wednesday, August 14, 6-8 p.m.
Location: Oakland Career Center (294 Semple St)
Green Building Alliance, Department of City Planning – Sustainability and Resilience Thrive
Planning, Regulations, Buildings Date and time: Wednesday, August 21, 6-8 p.m.
Location: 218 Oakland Ave (2nd Floor)
Urban Redevelopment Authority, City Planning – Divisions of Strategic Planning, Zoning and Development Review
- Details: Please RSVP for each event above as dinner will be served. Interpreters can be provided if requested at least one week prior to the event. Please contact Ose Akinlotan with requests: Ose.Akinlotan@pittsburghpa.gov
Meeting materials such as reports and comments will be posted to this section following each Oakland Plan event.
|Thursday, June 27th, 2019||Fifth/Forbes Urban Design Workshop||Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall and Museum||
Includes event description, images, survey analysis, display boards and comments, survey and responses, and advertising.
Not finding what you’re looking for? Contact us.