The City Planning Commission is a nine-member panel appointed by the Mayor for six-year, staggered terms. The Commission is charged with guiding land use and land development within the City. The Planning Commission makes recommendations to City Council concerning the Zoning Ordinance and zoning maps, and then reviews major development and redevelopment proposals.
To receive the Planning Commission agenda via email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Planning Commission Instructions
Planning Commission meetings are held bi-weekly on Tuesday afternoon. These meetings are hosted on Zoom and streamed on YouTube Live. Please see the instructions below about how you can view or attend.
To join the Zoom meeting, click on the link below and you will be added as an attendee. This will allow you to watch the meeting, but will not allow you to speak until called upon to testify. To testify, please use the “raise hand” function to signify to the host that you would like to speak. You will be called on and given the opportunity to present at that time.
- To join Zoom Meeting, use this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88275113502
- To join by phone call +1 301 715 8592 with Webinar ID: 882 7511 3502
If you are not planning to testify, please watch the YouTube Live stream to allow more space for those testifying to join the Zoom meeting.
- To stream the meeting live please visit our YouTube Channel at the time the meeting is scheduled to begin.
Review Upcoming Presentations and Provide Comment
Planning Commission meetings are open to the public. Community members are welcome to testify during the Zoom Meeting or provide written comments about agenda items.
Agendas, presentations, and project information for upcoming meetings are posted on our Notices and Upcoming Meetings webpage for review. To provide public comment regarding an agenda item, you can:
- Email email@example.com - Email testimony will be accepted until the business day before the meeting at 12 p.m.
- Mail a letter to 200 Ross St., 4th Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 - Mailed testimony must be received by two business days before the meeting.
- Join the Zoom Meeting - Use raise hand function to request to speak and be called on to speak during the current agenda item.
- Join by phone - Use the raise hand function to request to speak by pressing *9 and be called on to speak during the current agenda item.
- Christine Mondor, Chairwoman
- Lashawn Burton-Faulk, Vice Chairwoman
- Becky Mingo, Secretary
- Jennifer Askey
- Fred Brown
- Dina Blackwell
- Sabina Deitrick
- Jean Holland Dick
- Rachel O’Neill
Types of Projects Reviewed by Planning Commission
- New Construction and Renovations within Five Districts:
- Downtown Riverfront
- Planned Development
- Baum-Centre Overlay
- Steep Slope Overlay
- High Wall Signs
- Zoning Map and Zoning Code Text Changes
- Institutional Master Plans
- Planned Development Districts
- Lot Consolidations and Subdivisions
- Conditional Uses
- Historic landmark nominations