Street Naming and Address Request
How To Obtain a New Street Address or Change of Address:
Before any type of permit application can be reviewed/issued in the City of Pittsburgh, an address must be obtained from the City's GIS Team
- Application are available at City Planning offices located at 200 Ross St, 4th Floor. A scaled survey/plot plan that includes linear feet of lot and location of entrance is required. Street Address Application and Street Naming and Address Request.
- GIS assigns street address and inform relevant City of Pittsburgh departments, Allegheny County departments, & the United States Postal Service approximately two weeks after this fully completed application has been received & all required documents are provided
Address Assignment Information:
- Addresses are issued based upon survey information.
- Dependent upon the type of project, the address assignment may take anywhere from one day to two weeks.
- Review Criteria:
- Determination of how the particular lot fits in with the entire block sequence.
- Formula: One address per 11 linear feet, or closest number of feet to 11 if insufficient footage available.
- The site is field checked for any discrepancies.
- Address assignment sent to Post Office and 911 Communications.
Departmment of Innovation and Performance
604 City - County Building
414 Grant St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone: (412) 255-2152
Fax: (412) 255-2431