Street Naming and Address Request
How To Obtain a New Street Address or Change of Address:
Before any type of permit application can be reviewed/issued in the City of Pittsburgh, an address must be obtained from the Department of Mobility & Infrastructure.
- Application requests street address at the Department of Mobility & Infrastructure Permit Counter (611 Second Avenue). A scaled survey/plot plan that includes linear feet of lot and location of entrance is required. Street Address Application
- DOMI assigns street address and applicant takes street address assignment to the Allegheny County Recorder of Deeds, located at 542 Forbes Avenue, to get recorded in the Plan Book and Volume.
- The applicant has sixty days from the time the address is assigned to get the information recorded with the Allegheny County Recorder of Deeds.
- The applicant must record the address with Allegheny County before completing any permit application in the City of Pittsburgh.
- For further information in reference to recording requirements, please visit the Allegheny County website.
Address Assignment Information:
- Addresses are issued based upon survey information.
- Dependent upon the type of project, the address assignment may take anywhere from one day to two weeks.
- Review Criteria:
- Determination of how the particular lot fits in with the entire block sequence.
- Formula: One address per 11 linear feet, or closest number of feet to 11 if insufficient footage available.
- DOMI personnel fill out an Address Request Form with calculations, lot and block numbers, sources used and new address number.
- The site is field checked for any discrepancies.
- Address assignment sent to Post Office and 911 Communications.
DOMI Permits Office
611 Second Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone: (412) 255-2370
Fax: (412) 255-2728