2023 Pittsburgh Paving Program
The City of Pittsburgh’s Department of Mobility and Infrastructure is excited to announce the 2023 Paving Season. Street resurfacing work is scheduled all over the City, so please see the resurfacing schedule webpage to find upcoming work in your neighborhood.
How is the yearly paving list created?
Criteria for Street Selection
The Department of Mobility and Infrastructure (DOMI) works with community groups, council members, and 311 to identify potential issues in the right-of-way regarding street surface conditions. DOMI's staff and engineers create a yearly list based of off the following criteria:
- Street Overall Condition Index (OCI) - Every street in Pittsburgh has an OCI score based upon the physical condition. Once the condition of the street deteriorates past a certain threshold it is given additional priority on the yearly paving list.
- Street Use - Streets are broken into three categories: Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary. Primary roads receive the most use, which results in their OCI score dropping more quickly than Secondary or Tertiary.
- Equity - We apply this metric to the paving list to ensure that tax dollars are applied in a fair and impartial way so that streets in neighborhoods with a higher need receive an increase in their OCI score.
How do I report a street or road related issue?
To request service or ask a question regarding paving in your area please proceed to the 311 Response Center and fill out the online form. Please provide the location, select the service type Roads/Street Issues, and provide a brief description of the issue you've identified or the question you have.
To contact by phone in the City of Pittsburgh, dial 3-1-1. Outside of Pittsburgh, call 412-255-2621. All calls to 311 are answered by a live operator from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
2023 Paving Rotation Schedule per Council Districts:
- Council District 1: April 17th to May 3rd
- Council District 9: May 4th to May 19th
- Council District 7: May 22nd to June 2nd
- Council District 8: June 5th to June 9th
- Council District 5: June 12th to July 7th
- Council District 4: July 10th to July 21st
- Council District 3: July 24th to August 8th
- Council District 2: August 9th to August 21st
- Council District 6: August 22nd to September 8th
5 Year Paving Map
This map contains all roads repaved in the City of Pittsburgh between 2017 and 2021.