2022 Pittsburgh Paving Program
The City of Pittsburgh’s Department of Mobility and Infrastructure is excited to announce the 2022 Paving Season. Street resurfacing work is scheduled all over the City, so please see the resurfacing schedule webpage to find upcoming work in your neighborhood.
How is the yearly paving list created?
Criteria for Street Selection
The Department of Mobility and Infrastructure (DOMI) works with community groups, council members, and 311 to identify potential issues in the right-of-way regarding street surface conditions. DOMI's staff and engineers create a yearly list based of off the following criteria:
- Street Overall Condition Index (OCI) - Every street in Pittsburgh has an OCI score based upon the physical condition. Once the condition of the street deteriorates past a certain threshold it is given additional priority on the yearly paving list.
- Street Use - Streets are broken into three categories: Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary. Primary roads receive the most use, which results in their OCI score dropping more quickly than Secondary or Tertiary.
- Equity - We apply this metric to the paving list to ensure that tax dollars are applied in a fair and impartial way so that streets in neighborhoods with a higher need receive an increase in their OCI score.
2022 Paving Rotation Schedule per Council Districts:
- Council District 9: April 18th to May 24th
- Council District 1: April 18th to May 11th
- Council District 7: May 25th to June 13th
- Council District 8: May 12th to May 27th
- Council District 5: June 15th to July 12th
- Council District 6: May 30th to June 21st
- Council District 4: June 23rdth to July 19th
- Council District 3: July 13th to September 7th
- Council District 2: July 20th to August 30th
5 Year Paving Map
This map contains all roads repaved in the City of Pittsburgh between 2017 and 2021.