Recycling Drop-off Locations
As the City of Pittsburgh is working to reduce contamination at our drop-off centers, please follow some simple best practices and guidelines below:
- Place items loosely in the containers (dumpsters/roll-offs). This means no plastic bags! However, shredded paper must be contained in a clear bag and placed into the clearly marked shredded paper dumpster at the five drop-off centers listed below.
- Flatten ALL cardboard before placing it into the recycling dumpster.
- Follow the clearly marked signs on each dumpster instructing what we accept.
- Do not place ANY loose plastic or metal lids or caps of any kind into our recycling dumpsters.
In order to reduce contamination at our drop-off centers, only the following items are accepted:
- Glass bottles, jars, and jugs - please use the green dumpsters
- Aluminum and steel cans
- Mixed paper (newspaper, junk mail, magazines, high-grade officer paper, shredded paper and paper board)
- Empty bottles, jugs, and jars
- Bagged shredded paper (excluding the Beltzhoover/Knoxville drop off location)
RECYCLING DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
These locations also accept yard debris and tires. Only two (2) tires are allowed per day, per resident, for drop off and must have rims removed beforehand.
For yard debris, there is a $21.00 fee for cars, SUVs, pick-ups and vans with trailer. A $52.50 fee for Dump Trucks or Large Box Vans and prior approval from DPW Director is required. *Payments must be made by check or money order only (no cash accepted). Checks are to be made out to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.*
Drop-off centers are open Monday-Friday and may offer Saturday hours. Call each center for details and hours.
GLASS DROP-OFF OPTIONS
Pittsburgh residents are encouraged to bring their glass bottles, jugs, and jars of 3 gallons or less to these three drop-off locations listed below in addition to the items listed above.
Strip District (24-hour drop-off)
3001 Railroad St Pittsburgh, PA 15201 (entrance under 31st St Bridge)
Beltzhoover/Knoxville (Monday - Friday 7:00 AM to 1:30 PM)
623 Bausman St Pittsburgh, PA 15210 (@ Parking lot of McKinley Skate Park)
Construction Junction 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. (Monday –Saturday) & Sunday 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
214 North Lexington St Pittsburgh, PA 15208 (MAP)
Open during regular business hours