Environmental Services – Leaf Waste
The City of Pittsburgh offers special curbside collection days twice a year to promote environmentally-friendly disposal of your seasonal yard debris, as well as year round drop off.
We will collect the following items curbside:
- Branches (4" diameter or less)
- Items must be in paper bags weighing less than 35 pounds. No plastic bags, please!
- Bundle all branches with fiber twine or natural rope in lengths of 5 feet or less
- Set these items out at the curb at your regular collection spot before 6:00 a.m. on the morning of the collection day.
*Yard waste that does not meet the collection guidelines will be left at the curb.*
City residents may also bring their yard waste to one of our participating drop-off centers, year-round.
There is a $21.00 fee for cars, SUVs, pick-ups and vans with trailer. A $52.50 fee for Dump Trucks or Large Box Vans and prior approval from DPW Director is required. *Payments must be made by check or money order only (no cash accepted). Checks are to be made out to Treasurer, City of Pittsburgh.*
These locations also accept tires. Only two (2) tires are allowed per day, per resident, for drop off and must have rims removed beforehand.
Drop-off centers are open Monday-Friday and may offer Saturday hours. Call each center for details and hours.
- Tree trimmings
- Shrubs - loose or placed in paper bags
- Christmas trees - no lights or decorations
- Plastic bags
- Stones, dirt or rocks
If you are looking for additional resources to dispose of yard debris, please visit this link. We recommend calling the facility beforehand due to the constant changes in the waste industry.