Anti-Litter and Illegal Dumping
Littering and dumping has major effects on the City of Pittsburgh and its residents, so we are tackling the problem through prevention, education, abatement and enforcement. Our team is dedicated to finding creative, new, and data-driven solutions to these unlawful and unwanted practices.
The City of Pittsburgh Department of Public Works is now able to resume outdoor activites, which means we are once again able to service Volunteer Clean-Up Events by picking up collected litter afterwards! To comply with safety regulations set forth by Governor Wolf's "Stay at Home" order for Allegheny County, we are asking all currently planned Voluntter Clean-Up Events follow a few simple rules:
- If possible, conduct litter clean-ups alone
- Maintain social distancing guidelines by keeping 6 feet away from other people
- Use gloves and masks to limit possible exposure from the litter itself
- Any collected refuse should be taken back home to be picked up with your regularly scheduled curb-side pick up
- Limit the number of individual clean-ups done to save on PPE gloves and masks
DPW is not able to provide supplies to volunteers at this time, but will resume as soon as we can.
If you have any questions regarding volunteering to help clean-up our city, please contact us at email@example.com.