Protect Our Refuse Workers
Did you know? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, refuse/recycling collection is one of the most dangerous jobs in America. Look out for our workers and your neighbors:
- Help limit exposure to germs by setting trash out for collection in substantial, leak-proof bags tied up and without tears.
- Please stay back 50 feet from refuse and recycling vehicles
- Slow down and look for workers before you attempt to go around any truck
- Follow the proper set-out guidelines to prevent work-related injury
- Do not include any prohibited materials in your curbside trash
For more information on disposal of hazardous items and other safety tips, please call Environmental Services at 412-255-2773.