Environmental Services – Protect Our Refuse Workers
Did you know? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, refuse/recycling collection is one of the most dangerous jobs in America. Look out for our workers and your neighbors:
- Help limit exposure to germs by setting trash out for collection in substantial, leak-proof bags tied up and without tears.
- Please stay back 50 feet from refuse and recycling vehicles
- Slow down and look for workers before you attempt to go around any truck
- Follow the proper set-out guidelines to prevent work-related injury
- Do not include any prohibited materials in your curbside trash
For more information on disposal of hazardous items, please check out our pages on accepted materials, household hazardous waste, and if you have any other questions not found here you can call 412-255-2773